Rainy season is liked by everyone. It makes one feel cool and happy, especially after a treacherous summer. But your skin may not be as receptive as you towards the wet and humid climate. It may need extra care in the monsoons. Dr. Sneh Thadani tells you how…
The wet and humid weather that one experiences in monsoons is known for aggravating skin problems such as dermatitis, urticaria, ring-worm and eczema. If you or your children have sensitive, problem skin, take these per-cautionary and care tips to reduce the chances of skin flare-ups.
Monsoon is the time where your skin behaves a little strange and is often unstable; suddenly it may get oily or become dry and dehydrated. Hence it is necessary that you take care of your skin during this season in order to look fresh and beautiful.
Dry skin type
Undoubtedly dryness is a result of lack of vitamins that helps in repairing dry and damaged skin. It also means that the skin isn’t properly hydrated as a result of which it looks and feel dry. And to top it all, the condition becomes worse during the monsoon. Now how do you combat this condition of your skin? Follow these easy tips:
1. Drink as much water as you can. Do not stop drinking water even if it leads to frequent urination. Water consumption hydrates your body and flushes out all the unwanted toxins.
2. Use cleansers that are clean based-cleansers for sensitive skin, ph balanced face cleanser, moisturizing face cleansers etc.
3. Moisturize your skin frequently. This will help in keeping the outer layer of your skin properly hydrated, thereby leaving it with a soft, supple and moist look.
4. For dry and sensitive skin, used oat based moisturizer it reduces the irritability of a sensitive skin and restores the much needed barrier in order to fight infections.
5. You may also use rose water and glycerin to keep your skin healthy.
6. Keep away from alcohol based toners.
Oily skin type
The main reason behind having oily skin is hormonal changes that are genetically determined. There is nothing much one can do to change skin condition permanently. However little changes in the way you take care of your skin will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks. Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition:
1. Wash your face almost 2-3 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not over-do it as too much of washing leads to excess oil production and irritable skin.
2. It is a myth that oily skin does not need moisturizers. But I feel that gel based moisturizers are a good option to hydrate your skin without making it oily or clogging pores.
3. Stay away from using heavy cleansing products.
Combination skin type
As it is a combination of oily and dry skin, such skin types should be taken extra care. The dry part of it should be cleansed and moisturized regularly and the oily part of it should be cleaned and toned thoroughly.
Be it any skin type there are few tips that needs to be followed religiously to keep it in a healthy condition, these include:
1. As mentioned earlier, drinks loads of water. This is one of the best and the cheapest way to attain good, healthy and flawless skin, irrespective of the season. Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday and you would definitely notice a drastic change within 2-3 months.
2. Wash your face at least 2-3 times daily with a suitable cleanser.
3. Just dab dry the face and don’t rub it with a towel. This will make the skin look rough and dry.
4. Moisturize the skin regularly.
5. Always use a sunscreen one thinks that we need to use sunscreen only in summers, but the fact is that we need sunscreens all-round the year and even when one is indoors.
Read More Article From Dr Sneh Thadani:-Special Skin Care for Summer
Please visit :
Connect with us
Dr. Sneh Thadani
MBBS DNB DERMATOLOGY
Head of Dermatology Department, SSD Hospital